Monday, May 14, 2012

8MAY12
Been working odd shifts, day day eve day day eve eve eve off off eve day etc.
Just been hanging out at my camp site during off time adjusting to this kind of life and doing family things too.
Today I worked the 3pm-12am shift. I went to my camp site throw up the hammock in the rain (been raining 2 weeks now) and just hung the tarp to 2 trees, didn't even stake out the corners. Settled in the fartsack and read the Bible for a few minutes. Dozed off.

9MAY12
0610 Woke up to the gentle sound of rain again. Had to go pee but fell asleep again anyways. 0630 Alarm goes "crap! time to get up". Broke camp in the rain and drove to Starbucks. Breakfast was a med Bold with 2 raw sugars and a cinnamon roll. ha ha very healthy, oh well. Got to work at 0730 and got off at 1600. Went to Trader Joes grocery store and got some food stuffs. 8 cans of tuna, Trail mix, instant coffee, canned soup and clam chowda, and a ribeye steak for tomorrows night dinner, yum. Went to 5 guys burger joint and had a burger for dinner. left there feeling bloated and sluggish. Drove to church for 7pm Bible study, and learned a lot, as usual. Got back to camp around 9pm'ish and set up camp, again, in the rain. Read Bible till 11pm'ish and fell asleep.

10MAY12
WAKE UP!!! the alarm screams to me. I get my lazy ass up and walked to the nearest tree that needed water'n, even though it was raining...still. Brushed my teeth and went to a mom and pop coffee place. They were just as expensive as Starbucks! and had worse bagels. Went to work and got off at 4pm. Looking up in the sky I saw a blazing ball of fire heading toward earth! oh, the Sun is finally out. Drove to campsite and started a fire and cooked my steak. I dicided if I'm gonna be doing this car camping thing, I might as well video tape it for Youtube. Made intro video. Ate my steak with nothing on the side, but it didn't need anything!. Collected some more wood for the fire. Made video of my hammock and gear.Watched the fire and read the rest of the night. Got visited by Eastern Coyote around 2200hrs. Raccoon walks by sometime after that. Good night to you sir. I walked around to "mark my camp" and went to bed. The night was cold so I put my space blanket in between the bottom layers of my hammock again.

11MAY12
Slept in. Don't have to be at work till 1500. Got up to water the same tree. That tree is getting to much special attention. After wetting the penis I started on the fire.  30 min later I got the fire going. It took me that long because I refused to use my man-made tinder resources. I used the magnifying glass on my Tobacco tin to lite the charcoal. Then gave that CPR till it ignited the tinder bundle of Cedar bark. That's thuja occidentialis in the Latin. By the way, penis is Latin for Pine tree. ha ha.
Made a crane for the SS water bottle and heated up the water for the coffee and oatmeal, I also had mix nutz for breakfast. Read for the rest of the morning. Broke camp around 1100 and went to the house to visit and grab some stuff.
  •  bar of soap
  • hand towel
  •  deodorant
  • jute twine
Got to work for the 4pm-midnight shift and after that made camp in the dark and quickly fell asleep.

12MAY13
Spent the day with my son. We went to the beach and climbed the rocks and harassed seagulls. Got alittle sunburn too. Then went to work for the 4pm-midnight shift again. Dinner was tune straight out of the can, yummy. Got off work and made camp, fell right to sleep.

13MAY13
Woke up to alarm again. Went to work at 0730 till 4pm. Lunch was canned tuna again and some mixed nutz. Left there and went home.

14MAY12
Home for 2 days.

15MAY12
Slept in and had breakfast. Nice to have eggs and fresh coffee. Packed up and drove out to Camp Faria for an overnight. Will try and make video for ya.

Stay tuned for more dull adventures of Pilgrims Car Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment