Monday, May 14, 2012

Side Note:
For years I was a "home" bodybuilder. I had my own equipment; a cage, bench, leg ext & curl machine and 300 lbs. of olympic weights. And that was enough for me to reach my personal natural limit of +/-220lbs. Then the recession (depression) hit and hit my family. I gave up my hobby because I couldn't afford my own food and my families food. So I sold my equipment. The only other hobby I had left that was free was camping and hiking. I did things differently and because of that I was always 'alone in the wilderness', but I preferred it that way. Later I learned what I was doing was called Bushcraft. But anyway, 2 years later I'm tried of being skinny and am going to start training again, but in a different method. I know Cody Lundin likes to weight train and he's also a cheap bastard. I'm planning on finding out his nutrition and training routine and use that to design my own that will fit me. If I was living in the 18th centery, bushcrafting and hunting would just be a daily routine and a hard one at that, and weight training would be the last thing on my mind. I would like to try and come up with exercises and equipment to go with the 'self reliance' and bushcraft way of life. What I mean by that is how can people weight train with no money but plenty of mother nature. For example, cutting out two handles in a log for a barbell, latching a pole high in between two trees for pull ups, putting a 5 gallon bucket of sand in your backpack for squats, etc. It will be a fun and interesting learning project. Hope you'll join me.

1 comment:

  1. Joe, I have about 100 lbs of weights and a bar in the shed, it's all yours next time I see you - Marc

    ReplyDelete